Friday, February 20, 2015

Jimi Hendrix On Tape Before He Started The Experience Will Be Available Soon! Eddie Kramer Says So!

Eddie Kramer definitely has his finger on the pulse of music still, and many bands, not just one's from the 60's and 70's still flock to him for recording advice, and literally want him to record their bands. As well, Eddie just said some old recordings of Jimmy with Curtis Knight---before he started The Experience will be available very soon, so stay tuned Hendrix fans. I'll be interested to know how Hendrix played on these sessions for Curtis Knight, and how much of his own style he was allowed to inject into these mixes. It'll be an interesting listen. I'll notify once they do become available. Until then, keep playing great music players!

I'll keep you posted as to when these recordings will be available. 


Musicians, like I always say think of any recordings of today or 40 or 50 years back as a learning tool. Either to use in your arsenal, or to help out a musician you know.

I'm looking forward to hearing Jimmy being a sideman and what he added to their sound back about 1965 if I'm correct.

I'll get back to ya' when Eddie says so. I'll even leave you a link to Eddie Kramer's facebook page. It's a treasure trove of pictures and little tips your band can use in the studio and live. There's always something to learn being a musician guys. 

https://www.facebook.com/EddieKramerProducer


No comments: